Required documents for inter-state travel by private vehicle in India

(And some other important things to note.)

If you are planning to travel to a city in another state in India, say for example, from Chennai, TN to Bangalore, KA, by a private vehicle (e.g. scooter, car) there are some documents that the Traffic/Transport Departments expect you to carry, and they are:

  • Driving Licence
  • Vehicle's Certificate of Registration (RC) 1
  • Vehicle's Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
  • Vehicle's Insurance Policy/Certificate

Continue reading